Located adjacent to Interstate 71, northeast of Cincinnati, Kenwood Towne Centre presently encompasses 1,078,300 square feet of retail space. Kenwood Towne Centre is home to 180 stores and services. Operated by Chicago-based, General Growth Properties, Kenwood Towne Centre includes: Restoration Hardware, Macy's, Brooks Brothers, Lacoste, Arhaus Furniture, Cheesecake Factory and Williams-Sonoma.
Kenwood Towne Place housing development is located behind the mall.
Originally Kenwood Plaza, a linear strip shopping center, Kenwood Towne Centre opened in 1956. At first anchored by Cincinnati-based McAlpin's, and later H & S Pogue, in 1959, Kenwood Plaza was situated on 34 acres, north of downtown Cincinnati in Hamilton County's Sycamore Township.
Stores in the original Kenwood Plaza strip mall included W.T. Grant, Gray Drug, S.S. Kresge and Kroger and Alber's supermarkets.
In 2009 Kenwood Towne Centre added the first LEGO store in Ohio, and a Teavana store.
In 2012, a complete interior renovation began. Designed by FRCH, the remodel replaced the floor tile and added a more open and accessible food court area.