One of Little Rock's most popular destinations; Park Plaza offers fashion, fun and food for everyone with over 80 shops and restaurants ( the whole territory of it is 568,977 sq. ft.). Opened as an open-air shopping center in 1959, Park Plaza would eventually be joined in the area eight years later by University Mall.
In 1988, Park Plaza shut down completely except for Dillard's (separately owned by Dillard's, Inc.), in preparation for the mall to undergo a major overhaul. General Growth Properties, who managed the mall at the time, added a third level and a glass roof as it enclosed the structure. The mall re-opened in 1990, bringing large crowds, a second Dillard's wing, and many stores new to Little Rock and the state of Arkansas.
Stores such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Ann Taylor, Bailey Banks & Biddle, Coldwater Creek, Crabtree & Evelyn, and Gap have been among the additions over the years since the first renovation. A second renovation under new ownership by CBL & Associates Properties throughout 2005 and 2006 added new lighting, soft seating areas, an enlarged elevator, expanded restrooms, and a redesigned main entrance. The mall's Talbots location also gained an outside entrance, making it the only store aside from Dillard's to have both interior and exterior entrances available.
The mall features two Dillard's locations, with a Forever XXI store serving as a junior anchor on the mall's first level.