Rosedale Center, commonly known as just Rosedale, is a shopping center in Roseville, a suburb of Saint Paul.
The 2005 expansion added several restaurants and a large movie theater.
Built in 1969, it is the third of the "dale" shopping centers built by the Dayton-Hudson Corporation. Southdale Center (1956), in Edina, Minnesota was the first. This was followed by Brookdale Center (1962) in Brooklyn Center, and later by Ridgedale Center (1974) in Minnetonka.
Originally, Rosedale was anchored by Dayton's and Donaldson's department stores. A J.C. Penney was added, as part of a new North Wing, in 1976. A Montgomery Ward also was added in the 1970s. The mall underwent a major renovation that was completed in 1992. A new Dayton's was added as well (the old Dayton's was gutted and rebuilt as new retail spaces. Two parking garages were constructed as well.
The vacant east anchor (originally a Donaldson's, then a Carson Pirie Scott and Mervyn's) was demolished in 2005. Developers built a new, open-air, lifestyle wing, anchored by an AMC theater. This expansion, officially known as the Plaza at Rosedale Center, was dedicated in November 2006. Tenants included Chipotle, California Pizza Kitchen, Granite City, Ann Taylor Loft and Williams-Sonoma. The 14-screen, AMC cinema was completed the next month. The cinema did not have indoor ticket lines at first. After customer complaints about the cold, AMC rebuilt so that the ticket counters were indoors.
Herberger's (150,923 sq ft (14,021.2 m2)) (originally Montgomery Ward)
Macy's (259,453 sq ft (24,104.0 m2))
JCPenney (164,772 sq ft (15,307.8 m2))