The original Man Yee Building (Chinese: 萬宜大廈), built in 1957, was the first tower in Hong Kong with elevators.
Located between Queen's Road Central, Pottinger Street and Des Voeux Road Central in Central on the Hong Kong Island, the tower was demolished in 1999 and re-built as a 35 storey (344 feet / 105 m) glass wrapped tower with total office space of 290,000 square feet (27,000 square meter). It is owned by Man Hing Hong Property Management and Agency Company Limited and designed by architectural firm Rocco Design Limited.
The original Man Yee Building was the last building in Hong Kong with manually operated elevators, installed by Otis. Old-time skilled operators were hired.
Man Yee Building is build on a slope on the former shore of the Central and thus its entrance on the north and south differs by two floors.