In the former cavalry barracks of William the Great in downtown Ludwigsburg, behind the 1857 façade, a 40,000-square-metres shopping centre has arisen with two levels for retail, restaurants and offices. The approximately 16,000 square meters of retail and restaurant space accommodates up to 35 businesses.
The Wilhelmgalerie is located in the Ludwigsburg city centre, with a direct connection to the pedestrian zone. Public transportation stops there, and the train station is just a few minutes away. There are also 300 parking spaces available.
Built on the former site of the cavalry barracks of Wilhelm the Great, the structure’s facade from 1857 remains. Existing historical buildings along Körnerstrasse were also integrated into the complex, whose glass roof on the second floor allows daylight to penetrate right down to the first floor of the shopping center. Open areas for relaxing allow visitors to look from one level to another; the floors are connected by elevators and escalators.