Jantzen Beach SuperCenter is a shopping mall located in Portland, Oregon on Hayden Island in the Columbia River.
Jantzen Beach Mall opened September 281972 on the site of the former Jantzen Beach Amusement Park which operated from 1928 to 1970. The C. W. Parker merry-go-round is the only surviving ride from the amusement park and is now located inside the mall by the food court. In 1982, the mall was expanded. The mall features approximately 30 tenants, including three anchor stores: Burlington Coat Factory, Ross Dress for Less, and Target.
In 1995 MBK Northwest acquired Jantzen Beach Center for about $18 million. About two-thirds of the mall was demolished in 1995 and 1996 including the former Lamonts, Payless Drug, a cinema, and around 150 small stores to make room for big box development. The east wing of the mall was left intact with three anchor stores and a newly created food court. In 1997 MBK Northwest sold Jantzen Beach SuperCenter for $76 million to Compass Retail Inc