The former Sears site at Ala Moana Center will be home to 650,000 square feet for new retailers.
A dozen retail tenants, including Hugo Boss, David Yurman and Moncler,have signed on to open in the new Ewa wing of Ala Moana Center in Honolulu, part of a $572 million expansion of Hawaii's largest shopping mall set to open in November.
The former Sears site is being expanded to three floors, including 650,000 square feet for new retailers, a 167,000-square-foot Bloomingdale’s department store, and 200,000 square feet for smaller inline retail businesses.
“We are excited to make this first announcement of merchants that will be joining Bloomingdale’s in the newly-expanded Ewa end of the Center,” Scott Creel, senior marketing manager of Ala Moana Center, told PBN. “Many of these stores are new to Hawaii, and we are pleased that they will be making their Hawaii debut at Ala Moana Center.”
New retailers will include luxury fashion brand Hugo Boss, David Yurman jewelry, and high-end bag company Aqua Blu.
The Ewa Wing will also feature Gloria Jean’s Coffees, chocolate from Pierre Marcolini, and Japanese food from Tempura Ichidai.
Nordstrom is moving to a 185,000 square-foot spot in the Ewa Wing next March.
Approximately 60 tenants, new or relocated, will fill the new wing.
Ala Moana Center owner General Growth Properties Inc. (NYSE: GGP) expects to get up to a 10 percent return on investment for the redevelopment.
Here are the 12 tenants secured for the new Ewa wing:
• Aqua Blu, High-end bags;
• The Art of Shaving, grooming tools collection, such as shaving sets, razors, shaving brushes;
• Hugo Boss, clothing for men and women, including tuxedos, evening gowns, club and casual wear;
• Calypso St. Barth, luxury lifestyle wear, such as dip-dyed caftans and cashmere cardigans;
• David Yurman, fine jewelry and watches;
• The D Shop – Desigual, Barcelona-based fashion brand for women, men and kids;
• Gloria Jean’s Coffees, fine coffee from around the world;
• Laline, bath and body care beauty line;
• Pierre Marcolini, luxury craft chocolates;
• Ted Baker London, men and women’s wear and accessorie;
• Tempura Ichidai, Japanese restaurant by Pierthirty USA, Inc., will include a fresh tempura bar;
• Swiss watch brand Longines and clothing company Moncler will join Ala Moana Center on the second floor of the mall.