Lego remains an iconic brand that continues to evolve and impress its fans worldwide.
Lego, referred to as "playing bricks," has been one of the world's most popular toys for decades. These small plastic elements ignite children's imagination and inspire adults to create exciting models and projects. This article will present ten interesting facts about Lego that you may not have already known.
- The history of Lego began in 1932 when Danish carpenter Ole Kirk Christiansen founded the company. The name "Lego" comes from two Danish words "leg godt," which means "play well."
- The first Lego plastic bricks were produced in 1949. They were empty inside and had no unique joining system like today's Legos.
- In 1958, the "Stud-System" connection system was developed and became the basis for today's Legos. It allows the bricks to connect securely and firmly to each other.
- In 1968, the first Lego minifigures were released. They became integral to the gameplay, allowing you to create different characters and scenes.
- Lego produces more than 36 billion bricks a year. If all these bricks were connected in one line, they could wrap around the Earth almost 18 times.
- The largest Lego model built is a replica of the Millennium Falcon spaceship from Star Wars. It has more than 7,500 parts and is more than 1 meter long.
- Lego makes more bricks than any other tire manufacturer in the world. Each year they create about 306 billion bricks.
- The tallest Lego structure was built in Brazil in 2015. It was a tower 31.19 meters high made of 500,000 Lego bricks. This achievement was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The 2014 The LEGO Movie used 3,863,484 unique virtual bricks. However, many of these bricks were reused to create other scenes in the movie. Therefore, more than 15 million virtual LEGO pieces would be needed to recreate the entire film.
- LEGO is actively involved in environmental initiatives. It aims to reduce the use of plastic and increase the use of environmentally friendly materials. By 2030, the company plans to use only sustainable materials to make its sets.