Find in the news:
BY COUNTRY

The Deal to Sell Victoria's Secret Has Been Disrupted



L Brands, which owns Victoria's Secret lingerie brand, has announced the termination of its agreement with private investment fund Sycamore Partners.
Victoria's Secret

On February 20, 2020, it became known about the preliminary agreement, according to which the company Sycamore Partners acquired 55% of shares of Victoria's Secret for 525 million dollars, while the remaining 45% of shares were transferred to a separate company.

However, at the end of April, it was reported that a potential buyer decided to abandon the deal. Sycamore Partners sued to terminate the agreement, claiming that L Brands had violated the terms of the contract by ceasing to pay rent and dismissing thousands of employees in a coronavirus pandemic. The owners of Victoria's Secret filed a counterclaim to enforce the terms of the agreement.

And now, new information has emerged that the purchase will indeed not take place, and the parties will withdraw the lawsuits and end the case peacefully. Presumably, L Brands was forced to take this step because it could not afford expensive suits amid a sharp drop in sales and financial difficulties.

The new agreement dramatically cuts one of the most significant deals in the retail world this year and makes the future of Victoria's Secret uncertain. The brand was a pioneer in the mass lingerie market, but in recent years its business has shrunk amid internal contradictions and changing consumer tastes.

However, L Brands has already announced that it is already preparing "Plan B" and will continue to work on the separation of Victoria's Secret as a separate company, although it will now be much harder to do so. It is already known that some personnel reshuffles will be made for this purpose. All other details will be made public on May 21.


More about shopping malls in the USA

YESTERDAY, USA:
Adidas and AllBird have announced a partnership aimed at creating new environmentally friendly technologies.
DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY, France:
French chain of department stores Galeries Lafayette has announced a new service for customers during the closing of stores.
DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY, USA:
The chain of coffee shops adapts to the realities of the post-quarantine world and focuses on drive-thrus, self-service, and delivery.
May 26, 2020, Italy:
Due to the sharp decline in interest in fashion in the midst of the pandemic, the company is abandoning the traditional calendar of shows and moving to an off-season schedule.
May 26, 2020, Germany:
The masks to protect against coronavirus are called Face Covers and are made from recycled materials.
May 25, 2020, United Kingdom:
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, more and more customers are adopting the habits of the younger generation and do not want to constantly change their wardrobe.
Friend
and Follow
FAN Mallorca Shopping GLA:592 015 SF
ADDRESS: C/ Cardenal Rossel, S/N. 07007 Palma de Mallorca
Spain . Palma
FAN Mallorca Shopping
Central Children's Store GLA:370 192 SF
ADDRESS: Teatralnyi proezd, 5
Russia . Moscow region
Central Children's Store
Designer Outlet Provence GLA:269 098 SF
ADDRESS: Mas de la Peronne, Miramas, France
France . Miramas
Designer Outlet Provence
Shopping City Süd GLA:1 862 156 SF
ADDRESS: Europaring 2334 Vösendorf
Austria . Vienna
Shopping City Süd


Edit text

Dear visitor!
If You wish to add appropriate information to this description, please make changes in the text below and they will take effect after being verified by Malls.com administrator.

SAVE CHANGES
ADD PHOTO

Dear visitor!
If you desire to add more photos to this description, please upload them and they will appear on the page after being verified by Malls.com administrator.

CHOOSE PHOTOS
SAVE CHANGES
Sign in Malls.com
Sign in please, if you already have an account

Registration



Error filling
Error filling
Error filling
Error filling
Thank you!
You will receive e-mail with registration data shortly. In email you'll find link, confirm your account by clicking on it, please.

Malls.com Team
Thank you for message!
In the near future you will be contacted the manager
for further details.

Malls.com Team
Good mall, bro!
In the near future you will be contacted the manager
for further details.

Malls.com Team
We are dissatisfied with you :-(
In the near future you will be contacted the manager
for further details.

Malls.com Team

Write to us