Christmas is always a very special time at the biggest and best malls in the US, as crowds of shoppers flock to them to try and find the perfect gifts.This year malls across the country are making every effort to turn it into the best festive shopping experience ever. So what can visitors to the following malls expect in the next few days?
1. Westfield Malls – Merry Makers
The Merry Makers festive campaign is arguably the highlight of the festive season at Westfield Malls in different parts of the US this year. This is all about giving shoppers a pleasant surprise with random acts of kindness such as free gifts and songs. This interesting seasonal initiative has already started in many Westfield malls and involves a lot of fun holiday singing and dancing. The Merry Makers will carry on doing their stuff all the way up to Christmas Eve.
2. Aventura Mall – Citi Lounge
Aventura Mall in Florida has the kind of seasonal magic visitors would hope for from one of the country’s biggest and most popular malls. There are a million Christmas lights up here as well as Santa’s Village and a model train station. However, most exciting off all is the brand new Citi Lounge. This is where you will find exclusive seasonal offers, food tasting sessions and a gift wrapping service among the treats right now.
3. Simon Malls – Simon Spreads Love
|The biggest Christmas event at Simon Malls is the Simon Spreads Loves campaign. This is designed to give delighted shoppers amazing surprises throughout the festive period. Randomly selected shoppers in the company’s many malls will be handed free shopping vouchers.|
4. Mall of America – Holiday Music Festival
|As you would expect from such a massive retail center, the Mall of America in Minnesota has a number of big events lined up for the festive season. Among these is the popular Holiday Music Festival, which started on Black Friday and will continue right through the holiday season. A wide range of groups and artists will carry out performances in the Rotunda, in the eastern side of the mall at different times every day.|
5. South Coast Plaza – Disney Land Offers
This massive mall in Los Angeles has a number of interesting events and promotions going on through Christmas and New Year. Among these you will find the Disneyland Resort tickets and annual passport deal. With this offer, anyone buying a Disneyland annual passport gets a $20 South Coast Plaza gift certificated and a Mickey Mouse tree ornament.
6. Palisades Center – Holiday Ice ShowOver in New York, the Palisades Center has an Adventures in Toy Land Holiday Ice Show planned for December 20th. It starts at 3.30 pm and runs for 2 hours. Tickets cost $5 each and the action takes place in the 4th floor of the mall, above Macys.
7. Tysons Corner Center – Nintendo Holiday Mall ExperienceThis Virginia mall has a number of interesting events for the festive period, including special fitness classes and an ice rink on the plaza. Another special Christmas event runs from 19th – 21st December, with Macy’s Court as the setting for the Nintendo Holiday Mall Experience. Popular game characters such as Mario and Pikachu will be there and customers can play the latest games on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
8. Destiny USA – Stuff the Truck
|A fantastic element of the Christmas season in many malls across the country is the way in which some events are designed to let shoppers help the needy more easily. A good example comes with the Stuff the Truck campaign by Destiny USA. This allows shoppers to donate unwrapped new clothes, toys and pet supplies to some very worthwhile causes. It runs until 21st December.|
9. Lakewood Center – HGTV’s Home for the Holiday SweepstakesThe Lakewood Center in California is a mall which typically has a strong line up of events throughout the year. In particular this year there is the chance to win $10,000 with the HGTV Home for the Holiday Sweepstake. Visitors can take part up to 24th December.
10. Scottsdale Fashion Square – Wizard of Oz Shows
|The Scottsdale mall in Arizona celebrates Christmas with help of the classic Wizard of Oz. Desert Stages Theater’s version of the film runs until 21st December. It will be shown on Fridays and Saturdays at 7.30pm and on Saturdays and Sunday at 1pm and 3pm. |